4/06/2006

"You Have To Be Joking (Autopsy Of The Devil's Brain)" (The Flaming Lips, from the LP Hit To Death In The Future Head)

Eight minutes, minutes, minutes, minutes to go. I rather feel elated. But there ain't enough time for another post, so, I figure to help myself out and perhaps whet your appetite, I should hit you with a few pieces in the future of this blog. Such as:

-Why I, secretly (well, no more) kinda like Gilmore Girls. (Gulp.)

-A thesis, subject still undetermined, on the epic Southern hip-hop piece, "Wanna Be A Baller," by Lil' Troy and a buncha anonymous emcees that went into Bolivian not long thereafter. I'm still considering what epic to compare this song to. Actually, I might be comparing it to the story "In A Glade" (source material for Kurosawa's Rashomon.)

-One last analysis on, honestly, what a lie Rounders is in genuine poker terms, no matter what good it did for real poker pros (no, not me. definitely not me. yet:) in filling their tanks with fresh fish. Glub glub.

-A think piece on that rather deep tune, "Bitch, I'm Broke," by the egomanical, brilliant, but perhaps stick-a-fork-in-his-massive-ego-done Cody ChestnuTT.

(Yeah, you have to spell his name that way to be proper, somewhat like MF DOOM, but not exactly. In my Yale Herald review, I wanted my name to appear as Josh DriMMer to play on that. Damn whoever was editing music then.)

Sample "lyrics" (it's basically a rant) of grand profundity:

I don't give a motherfucker how many cars you see me drive,
Or you see cash falling out my ass
I got diamond rings and I'm eating three steaks
And offer you a goddamn hamburger
Ha-ha

And I didn't even get to the most offensive?/hilarious? part yet of that one. Man, I can't possibly keep this full-speed clip up, but blogging is fun.


I like me:
I like them/they like me:

    Contact the author on the comments.