11/27/2006

"John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" (Traditional)



As a playwright and lover of odd names, the detail I noticed in this little bit of news off imdb might not have been the one that really stood out to most people:

Transgender Character To Be Introduced On 'All My Children'

Beginning on Thursday, ABC's All My Children will feature a transgender character named Zarf who is planning a sex-change operation. The Associated Press reports that although there have been a handful of post-surgical transgender characters who have appeared on TV shows, this is a first for a daytime drama.

Zarf? Let's just say this is not on the hot list of names I'm spinning up for my nephew-to-be. Rasputin, on the other hand, is #45 and climbing. This child will live forever and rule the world. Or at the very least, he'll get a hot disco track in his name.



...ohhhh those Russians. And yes, through Mom and Dad, I do in fact own this record. Ohhhh that Frank Farian. (R.I.P. Milli. Or Vanilli. Whatever.)


I like me:
I like them/they like me:

    Contact the author on the comments.