1/03/2007

"Idiot Wind" (Bob Dylan, Blood On The Tracks)

Two candidates for MLB quote of the year. If you want to see the whole thing, check it out at Baseball Prospectus. There's comedy even for those who care nothing of baseball.

"When they give you lemons, you've got to make lemonade, and when they give you oranges, you've got to make orange juice. Tonight, we tried to make tomato juice out of lemon juice or something. It just didn't work out. I don't know if that's a good quote." --Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, on trying to do too much with the pitches the Yankees saw against the Angels.

"The swing has been there. If there wasn't nine guys out in the field, I'd have a hit every time except when I strike out."--Devil Rays outfielder Delmon Young

(Which reminds me of poker pro Phil Hellmuth, the guy I think of every time I start bitching about someone's bad play to stop myself, and this gem: "If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand." Additionally, I would be the greatest playwright ever if it wasn't for Shakespeare, Sam Shepard, David Mamet, Tennessee Williams, Paula Vogel, Hendrik Ibsen, Maria Irene Forbes, Anton Chekhov...)


I like me:
I like them/they like me:

    Contact the author on the comments.