10/30/2006

"Easy Street" (Thelonious Monk, Underground)

This featured beer at this weekend's Brewtopia festival wasn't something I encountered in the midst of a drunken ramble through it, but it sounds good. Wonder if the beer actually tastes like the music of Thelonious Sphere Monk: "Smooth, but with an occasional dissonant, jarring DAH-DAH flavor." I'm not even sure Thelonious drank beer--seems too far from being a normal guy to really like liquid bread--but beer made after other jazz artists could work. Like Billie Holliday Bock, a bittersweet flavor so delicious, it makes you want to die.

Or Miles Davis' Time After Time Lager. The only beer as awful as his 1980-1991 output. Well, the only beer except this one.


I like me:
I like them/they like me:

    Contact the author on the comments.