1/18/2007

"Somethin' Else" (Cannonball Adderley, Somethin' Else)

Haven't much been in a productive rhythm, so a several mini-posts-in-one type thang.

ITEM! Kwame Brown of the Los Angeles Lakers is the first #1 NBA Draft pick to steal a cake! (Allegedly.)

ITEM! John Harris of the Guardian wrote this on the death of James Brown. As a defender of the sheer awesomeness of the pre-"Celebration" Kool and the Gang, I couldn't disagree more with his opinion (synopsis: funk not only sucks, but is downright evil, James Brown is responsible for the whole genre, damn him). But there's something to be said for reading something shockingly different from your own opinion when it's well-written. Thanks to Sam Frank for this.



ITEM! The old Milwaukee Brewers logo is one of the greatest of post-expansion Major League Baseball. Designed by Tom Meindel, an Art History student at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, the logo is downright esoteric. I don't think I even noticed the lower-case m and b that forms the glove until about two years after they'd discontinued the logo for a really stupid Notre Dame-inspired redesign. If it were up to me, I would have at least created a new mascot more befitting the team name. But then again, Simpsons-inspired teams aren't anything new now. And now I'll cease being a half-assed Uni Watch.

ITEM! No Mas, who make pretty fantastic shirts (I think I want one of the BALCO ones) and have a great blog, did a fantastic interview with Chocolate Thunder aka Darryl Dawkins aka Chairman of Interplanetary Funkmanship of the planet Lovetron. Just trust me and read this.


I like me:
I like them/they like me:

    Contact the author on the comments.